On Grid Solar System
The On-grid solar power system is a solar power generation system where electricity generating from the solar PV panels are connected to utility load and the Grid.
When solar panels generate excess electricity(beyond consumption by the connected load), it will be exported to the Grid similarly when solar panels produce less electricity required for the load (Electrical appliances), Inverter draws extra power from the grid to support the connected load.
How does the On-grid solar power system work?
The arrangement of solar modules absorbs the sunlight on them and convert them into electricity. The current generated here is Direct Current (DC). The solar inverter then converts the DC to Alternating Current (AC), thus making it power the electrical items. By net meter, we can record the energy supplied to the grid and the energy consumed. At the end of each month, the outstanding is recorded and the consumer is provided with a bill.
Advantages of On-grid solar
- Zero Electricity Bills – Though the solar power system is connected to the grid, the consumer has to pay only for the surplus electricity he consumes.
- ROI : Get your Return on Investment in 3 Years
- Increase Profit: The electricity price from the grid rises every year, so your cost savings should also rise
- Low maintenance – The On-grid solar power system has the least number of parts along with simple installation. The elimination of batteries makes the maintenance quite easy.
- Extra income generation – With a connection to the grid, the consumer can charge for the surplus electricity he has generated. It not only eliminates your electricity bills but also avails the cost benefits for the excess electricity generated.
- Save space- As On-grid inverters can be mounted on the wall and eliminating battery backup can save huge space.
- Tax Benefits- Avail 40% accelerated depreciation as tax benefits.